Also known as Bacon-Wrapped Drumsticks.
10-12 chicken legs, thawed
1 lb. bacon
Salt and Flattery Spicey Chicken Rub
For the Rub:
1 tsp. granulated onion
1 tsp. granulated or minced onion
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
Apply rub to thawed chicken legs. Be sure to apply rub under the skin as well as on the surface.
Wrap 1 piece of bacon around each leg.
Grill the chicken legs over direct medium heat (350 degrees) until internal temperature in thickest part of the leg reaches 180 degrees Fahrenheit or until juices run clear and bacon is brown and crispy (about 25-35 minutes) making sure to turn legs occasionally to ensure even cooking.
Food For Thought:
1. If you don't have a meat thermometer, get one. Why a meat thermometer? Because they:
- are inexpensive to purchase
- are easy to use and maintain
- decrease your risk of food borne illness from eating undercooked meat
- decrease your risk of ending up with tough, dry, overcooked meat
- take away the guesswork that can occur with large cuts of meat or on grills where cook temperatures and times can vary considerably depending on type of fuel, grill design and construction or environmental conditions such as wind, sun and outside temperature
2. Applying a rub under the skin as well as on the surface makes bone-in/skin-on chicken super succulent.
3. Enjoy! Just don't eat too many. Remember, Porky Legs are great to eat but not great to have on your bod.